If you are searching for a great controller for playing games on a Mac, look no more than DualShock 4 (PS4) or Microsoft's Xbox One Controller.
Mac Gamers should consider obtaining Sony's DualShock 4 or Microsoft’s Xbox One controller to a Mac to develop their gaming setup. But it is not designed for Mac, it is actually designed easy to connect PlayStation 4 controller(PS4) to any macOS-equipped device either using Bluetooth or a USB cable. Also, once you have a DualShock 4 controller connected to a Mac, you can use it to play Mac games in technique.
Instead of PS4 or Xbox One Controller, We suggest here an Xpadder. It simulates the keyboard, mouse, and joysticks and uses to map the keys. To Download Xpadder is very easy from Xpadder.net.
How will you connect PS4 Controller to Mac?
Many peoples face the problem, how can I connect my PS4 DualShock 4 controller to my Mac to play macOS games? While there is no Mac Plugin Play support for Sony's DualShock 4 controller but, there are still some ways that you can connect your PS4 controller to your Mac and play your favorite macOS games.
It is also possible to use an Xbox One controller - including the high-end Elite controller but the setup and configuration process will take a little more, although the confession of official PS4 & Xbox One controller support coming to iOS 13 and tvOS 13 gives us hope that macOS Catalina will introduce it too. For now, though, we will show you all the ways that you can use a PS4 or Xbox One controller on a Mac.
Official wireless adapter for effective gaming
While there is no plug and play support for the DualShock 4 on a Mac, Sony has released a wireless USB adapter that can allow wireless connectivity across PCs and Macs. If you don’t want to fork out for the official accessory, there are other options available for you.
Use Micro-USB Cable for PS4 Controller
The simple way to connect a PS4 controller to a Mac is to use a Micro USB cable. To do that, follow these steps:
- Use a Micro-USB cable to connect the PS4 controller to your Mac.
- Press the PlayStation button in the middle of the gamepad.
- Choose Apple > About this Mac.
- Click System Report. Choose USB.
- Look for Wireless Controller under USB.
If you can see Wireless Controller, then your PS4 controller is connected to the Mac. It will now work with any compatible games. It is worth noting that Steam offers full DualShock 4 controller support over Mac and PC, meaning you will no need to remove any additional controller settings when playing a controller-supported Steam game.
Catching up your PS4 to a Mac using Bluetooth is great because it allows you to the game without the wire (means it is wireless and without buying the official adapter), allowing you to sit back and use the Mac just like you are using a gaming console.
Setting up a PS4 controller to a Mac via Bluetooth takes some more effort, but it is still not that difficult. Look at the following steps to set up your DualShock 4 controller with a Mac wirelessly.
- Open System Preferences (Apple menu > System Preferences).
- Click Bluetooth.
- Place the PS4 controller in Discovery Mode by holding down the PlayStation button and Share button at the same time.
- The light on the front of the controller will glow quickly, and Wireless Controller will appear in the Bluetooth window. Click Pair.
The device will now say connected and, you can now use the PlayStation controller with the Mac.
How to connect an Xbox One controller to a Mac
So, now we have established that it is pretty easy to connect a DualShock 4 controller to a Mac, and the Xbox One controller should not be much harder. Sadly, that's not the case - even when using the official wireless adaptor.
Use Micro-USB for Xbox One Controller
Although connecting via Bluetooth, there is a way to connect an Xbox One controller to a Mac via a micro-USB cable, but it is a little more complex than with Sony’s DualShock 4 controller.
- Head over to GitHub and download the most recent version of 360Controller (it supports both Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers).
- Open the .DMG file you downloaded and run the 360Controller installation package.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install 360Controller. It deserves noting that the installation requires a Mac restart, so make sure your files are saved before installing.
- Once the Mac has restarted, head to System Preferences (Apple menu > System Preferences) and select Xbox 360 Controllers – there should be a new icon at the bottom of the list.
- Plugin your Xbox One controller and, tweak the button mapping as desired.
Once you have removed the mapping settings, save your preferences and close the System Preferences window. Now, simply load up your favorite controller-supported Mac game and enjoy your gaming. Looking for games to play on-the-go?
The top PC game controller can be list in this article and each of which has remarkable features. Many of you want to play the game comfortably and in an easy way. For that, we suggest an Xpadder. It is the better choice and, Playing Pc games with the Xpadder is an innovative way. So, must go for it.